Saturday 9 August 2008

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye… Or, death according to Reverb

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye…
Or, death according to Reverb

Dragons have taken over the world, real as fucking anything. With brains and teeth and wings and all. No fire breathing capabilities though…

Just as one enters my house, I try to do the valiant thing and go to kill it, save my family, bring peace to the world, etc. etc. etc. but instead I suck lead and say goodbye to my grey matter.

I felt everything. The release of pressure from the back of my head was particularly pleasant; like the lancing of a boil. Brain and bone go everywhere; the loss of sensation in my body is sensational, pardon the pun.

Then I fall off an indoor balcony, and I crumple to a heap the floor, not feeling a thing but fully aware of my surroundings and the "reality" of the situation.

I feel terrified, as my family was still there with the dragon, but I also felt the most blissful feeling of release, as though I was at last completely free. It was beautiful. Floating away, yet still in the same place, dead yet alive.


Then my mum kills the dragon and is made prime minister of the universe.
The scary thing is, there is no doubt in my mind that that is what dying feels like. And, to tell the truth, it ain't that bad.

No comments: